Recipe of the Month
Blueberry (or raspberry) and Lemon Friands
Simple to make. Light and delicious to eat. Makes 6 large or 12 small
- 100g butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 25g plain flour
- 85g ground almonds
- 3 egg whites
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 85g fruit
Oven 200 or gas 6 or 180 fan.
Generously grease 6 non-stick muffin holes in tin or 12 small ones
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Sift icing sugar and flour into bowl.
- Add almonds, mix well. Whisk egg whites until light fluffy foam.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir in melted butter to form a soft batter.
- Divide among tins. Sprinkle with fruit. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and just firm to touch.
- Cool then turn out and serve dusted with icing sugar.
Thank you, Jackie for this month’s recipe.