Recipe of the Month
Makes 15ish (depending how big you make them)
- 60g butter
- 175g self-raising flour
- 60g brown sugar
- 100g black treacle (yum)
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Rub the butter and flour together until the mixture resembles fine crumbs and then stir in the sugar.
- Add the treacle and ginger mixture to the butter and flour mixture and knead well to form a soft dough (that’ll make your hands nice and sticky).
- Roll into balls about the size of a walnut.
- Place well apart on oiled baking sheets, and flatten slightly (don’t bash them completely flat).
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire tray.