Recipe of the Month
Fusilli with lemon, cream and peas
Serves 2. Preparation 5 mins. Cooking time 25 mins
- 15g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150ml double or single cream
- Grated rind of 1/2 lemon
- 175g fusilli
- 125g fresh podded or frozen peas
- salt & pepper
- 6 basil leaves
- Melt the butter in a pan then fry the onions, covered, gently for 10 minutes until soft but not brown. Add the garlic & cook for another 2 minutes. Add cream and simmer for 10 minutes, after which add the lemon rind and seasoning.
- While the cream mixture is simmering, add the pasta to 2 litres boiling water and cook for 8-9 minutes until al dente. (That’s yer actual Italian).
- Cook the peas in a little boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- Ensure sauce it heated through. Add the peas. Drain the pasta and add the sauce and stir. Serve with torn basil leaves scattered on top.