Recipe of the Month
Crispy new potatoes with oregano and garlic
Serves 4. Preparation 10 mins. Cooking time 30 mins
- 1 & 1/2 lbs new potatoes
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 120ml olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- Scrub then boil potatoes for about 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, place garlic and 1/2 the olive oil in a large high-sided frying pan over medium, and cook until garlic begins to sizzle. Remove garlic, reserve and serve it with the potatoes if you like. Remove and reserve about half of this garlic oil.
- Now add potatoes, in 2 batches, and cook until golden and crispy. Transfer these to a plate, and add remaining potatoes, adding reserved garlic oil as needed. Sprinkle potatoes with ½ teaspoon of the salt.
- Whisk sherry vinegar, mustard, sugar, pepper, and remaining salt in a small bowl with the rest of the olive oil.
- Drizzle potatoes with this vinaigrette, and sprinkle with oregano (and that garlic if you want).