Recipe of the Month
Roast chicken with chorizo, tomato and red peppers
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Low calorie
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed, quartered
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed, quartered
- 8 large tomatoes, preferably on the vine
- 80g/3oz chorizo, sliced
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 garlic cloves, bashed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Put the onions, peppers, tomatoes, chorizo, beans, garlic and rosemary in a very large roasting tin (you may choose to use two tins). Top with the chicken, then drizzle with the oil.
Scatter with the salt and a big pinch of pepper. Roast for 1 hour, or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden brown. To check if the chicken is cooked, pierce the thickest part with a skewer; the juices should run clear. If there is any sign of pink, return the bake to the oven until the chicken is cooked.
Leave the chicken to rest for 10 minutes, then serve with the vegetables.