Recipe of the Month
Spaghetti with Lemon and Toasted Walnuts
Cooking time - 30 minutes or fewer. Serves 8.
- 1 cup walnut halves
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated organic lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast walnuts on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Cool, and coarsely chop
- Whisk together cheese, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and pepper in large bowl
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Add drained pasta to cheese mixture, and toss to combine, adding some pasta water if mixture seems too thick
- Stir in parsley and walnuts, and season with salt and more pepper, if desired.