Recipe of the Month
Stuffed jacket potatoes
Warm your cockles on a cold day with this one. Great one for kids to help with.
You can cook the potatoes up to 2 days ahead. Just bake them for about 1 hr at 200C/180C fan/gas 6, until cooked and the skins are crispy. Leave to cool completely until ready for stuffing and heating through again.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 100g strong cheddar, grated, plus extra for topping
- 100g sweetcorn
- 100g mixed pepper, diced
- small handful fresh herbs, such as oregano, basil, coriander, dill or thyme
Stuffing the potatoes
- To stuff the jacket potatoes, heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Ask an adult to cut the potatoes in half. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the middle of the potato, leaving the skin unbroken (like a boat). Place the scooped potato into a mixing bowl
- Mash the potato until there are no lumps. Add the cheese, sweetcorn and peppers and mix well
- Gently pick the leaves from the herbs. You can rip the larger leaves into smaller pieces. Stir the herbs into the cheesy potato mixture
- Carefully scoop the mixture back into the potato boats. Make sure that you use all the mixture up
- Sprinkle with a little extra grated cheese and place on a baking tray. Using oven gloves, place the tray in the oven and bake for 10-15 mins until golden.